You can use shared records not only in the particular group in which you created them, but also share them with other groups. This way, external users will have the possibility to access the data of the shared dataset. Consequently, they will be able to work with the shared record and create a new table. Sharing a common data set with another group is done from the home page.
Sharing a common record with another group
- Open the home page of SeaTable.
- Click on the Shared record tab.
- Select the shared record you want to share with an external group.
- Click the three dots to the right of the corresponding record and then click Access Permissions.
- Select a group to which the record should be released.
- Finally, confirm the share by clicking Add.
To un-share a shared record to an external group, simply follow the steps above again and click Delete under Access Permissions next to the appropriate group.
Consequences of the dissolution
If the release of a shared record to another group is resolved, the tables created with the shared record will continue to exist in that group. Consequently, the group is still able to work with the tables already created despite the dissolution.
However, the synchronization option with the shared data set is no longer available to the group after the release is dissolved in the individual tables, so that changes to the shared data set are no longer visible to this group. The members of the group thus only have access to the last version of the shared data set before the release was dissolved.